WE Empower SDGs global business competition for women entrepreneurs
Application Deadline: July 1st 2018
The WE Empower Challenge is a global business competition for women entrepreneurs who are advancing the UN Sustainable Development Goals and inspiring entire communities to create the world we want by 2030.
- Has your business been in operation for more than three years?
- Do you employ at least three full-time staff (or full-time equivalent)?
- Are you a for-profit or social entrepreneur? (for this competition a social enterprise is a for-profit business with a social mission)
- Does your business generate at least $100,000 USD in annual sales?
- Are you available to travel to New York City between September 23-29, 2018
- Five selected awardees, one from each UN region, will be chosen from those who apply by 1 July 2018. The successful awardees will be notified in early August 2018 and will receive an all-expenses paid trip to New York during the UN Global Goals week(24 – 29 September 2018) to participate in a series of tailored trainings and events. Awardees will also:
• On Tuesday, September 25 participate in a dynamic pitch event hosted by Diane von Furstenberg that brings together top business, tech, venture capital and media leaders with an opportunity for one awardee to receive a $20,000 grant to further their business;UN Global Goals week
• Attend a high-level dialogue with senior UN Officials, the Council of Women World Leaders and the Women Political Leaders Global Forum;
• Participate in Global Citizen week events including a ticket to attend the Global Citizen Festival in Central Park on Saturday Sept 29th; and
• Participate at the UN Private Sector Forum event convened by the UN Secretary-General.
For More Information: