Training Studentships at SFI Centres for Research Training
SFI Centres for Research Training is inviting application form international students to provide funding for the training of PhD and research masters students in areas of identified skills needs.
The scope of this thematic area encompasses the development of innovative software and hardware-based information and communications technologies (ICT) as well as the diffusion of ICT as a key enabling technology in other application areas of science and technology.
Building on research excellence, the purpose of the Centres will be to provide cohorts of academically outstanding future research leaders with the skills and knowledge required to address the challenges of an ever-changing work environment.
Science Foundation Ireland (SFI) is the national foundation for investment in scientific and engineering research. Science Foundation Ireland funds research in the areas of science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) which promotes and assists the development and competitiveness of industry, enterprise and employment in Ireland.
- Applications Deadline: September 15, 2018
- Course Level: SFI Centres for Research Training will provide funding for the training of PhD and Research Masters students.
- Study Subject: Training will be provided in the areas of identified skills needs.
- Scholarship Award: Each Centre will fund a total of approximately 120 students over its lifetime, with an intake each year of approximately 30 students. Science Foundation Ireland will fund a maximum of 80% of students, with applicants being required to secure funding for the remaining 20% from enterprise, philanthropic, public or institutional sources.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Number of Scholarships: Each Centre will fund a total of approximately 120 students over its lifetime, with an intake each year of approximately 30 students.
- Scholarship can be taken in Ireland
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
Applications to the programme will be led by groups of academic researchers that represent a critical mass of internationally recognised expertise in an area with access to cutting-edge infrastructure. Applicants must engage closely with enterprise partners in the design and delivery of an innovative programme of training that will be relevant to the needs of the workforce of the future. Centres can partner with both Irish and international companies (SMEs and MNCs). There is no requirement for the partner to have an operating base in Ireland.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Applications are submitted to Science Foundation Ireland by the academic leadership and are evaluated by international peer review.