Postdoctoral Position 2018 in Smart Motion Systems at Ghent University
The Ghent University is looking for a postdoctoral researcher with a strong track record in motion systems within mechanical engineering/mechatronics applications, having knowledge on electromechanical physical models, optimization techniques, control methods and data analytics technology.
The mission of the candidate is to intertwine the hardware of manufacturing industries and their behavioural physics-based models closely with smart data-driven software to increase their operational efficiency, performance and reliability.
The Ghent University is a top 100 university and one of the major universities in Belgium. Our 11 faculties offer a wide range of courses and conduct in-depth research in both exact and social sciences. Ghent University aims to encourage its students to adopt a critical approach within a creative, development-oriented educational and research environment.
To be able to determine the proficiency of someone’s knowledge of Dutch or English, Ghent University uses the Common European Framework Reference for Foreign Languages. There are six foreign language proficiency levels and is a basis for the recognition of language qualifications.
- Applications Deadline: July 31, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue postdoctoral research.
- Study Subject: Research fellowship in Smart Motion Systems.
- Scholarship Award: What we offer:
- A 2 year period postdoctoral position with a competitive salary.
- The candidate will have access to state-of-the-art tools and facilities, a network of Flemish companies active in the manufacturing industry, and the possibility to collaborate with other research groups.
- The candidate will be directly embedded in an international research group of +20 people that work together as a team and will have the possibility to collaborate with many other people active at UGent both associated with Flanders Make and IMEC.
- The research group is situated in Ghent, a lively city at the heart of Europe.
- Nationality: This fellowship is available for international students.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Belgium
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: Available for international students.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- You hold a PhD, or should be expecting a PhD in the near future.
- You have experience in or understanding of electromechanical/mechatronic systems.
- You have experience in the modelling of dynamical systems, optimization techniques, control methods.
- You have experience in or understanding of data-driven models and data analytics.
- You have minimum of 4 years or more experience in a highly renowned research institution.
- The required skills are working with electromechanical models, data-driven models, sensor data, motion control, dynamic systems. Experience in artificial intelligence would be a plus.
- You have a team player mindset, a strong personality and work in a result-oriented manner.
- You are creative, willing to work in a multidisciplinary context.
- You are proficient in oral and written English and have strong communication skills.
- You are able to extend your network and able to talk on technical matters.
English Language Requirements: Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; English language proficiency.
How to Apply: Please send your CV, containing a list of publications, a summary of past research, contact information of 2 or 3 referees, and a motivation letter to Prof. Guillaume Crevecoeur and dr. Jeroen De Maeyer.