Emerging African Innovation Leaders G7 Exchange & Empowerment Program for enabling Innovation
Application Deadline: 26th of July 2018 before 12:00 PM (CET).
The African Innovation Brokers learning activity is part of the Emerging African Innovation Leaders Program and addresses a group of African innovation leaders who are expected to spur the transition to the Next Production Revolution (NPR) in their countries.
The Italian G7 Presidency during the Summit in Taormina launched a fully dedicated Outreach Session on Africa continent. Particular attention was given to the potential of innovation and the role of human capital in boosting sustainable and inclusive growth in the continent. In this framework, the G7 Italian Presidency announced the introduction of an “Emerging African Innovation Leaders G7 Exchange and Empowerment Program”
It is organised in different sessions with different teaching mix.
The sessions are distributed along 12 months. They comprise:
- learning activities such as in-presence training in Milan (Italy) and online training (via MOOCs), covering several topics ranging from digitalization, to sustainable energy solutions and smart mobility;
- exposure to Italian and European innovation system (experts and innovative firms and institutions);
- hands-on project activities and project works focused on designing local NPR innovation action, supported by expert mentors from different backgrounds.
The candidate profile of the Emerging Innovation Leaders should have:
- personal experiences and motivation on Innovation
- academical background in scientific or business field
- willing to extend knowledge about the NPR
- motivated to engage in team working
- leadership attitude
- excellent communications skills
- capacity to understand English effectively
- priority selection will be given to national citizens of Tunisia, Niger, Nigeria, Kenya, Ethiopia and Mozambique
- In-presence training and exposure: September 26th– October 26th
- Project work | Online workgroup: October – December 2018
- Project work | In-presence training (2 weeks): December 2018 (indicative period)
- Training of National Innovation Leaders: Spring 2019 (indicative period)
- Online training (MOOCs) November 2018 – September 2019 (indicative period)
- Scholarship for covering the costs of the in-presence activities (fees, travels, accommodation and food) is provided by the Emerging African Innovation Leaders project.
- Participants will receive a certificate of attendance from Politecnico di Milano and Politecnico di Torino at the end of the project. To receive this certificate, participants have to be present at almost all of the sessions over the training courses.
- An early bird deadline for application will be the 20th of July 2018 before 3:00 PM (CET) with priority selection. A final deadline for application will be 26th of July 2018 before 12:00 PM (CET). Kindly prepare your necessary documents (refer to Terms of Reference) and, kindly send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. All participants are invited to send the application with the requested information as soon as possible.For any information you may contact email@example.com.
For More Information