PhD Position in Advanced Quantitative Analysis of Molecular Oncology PET/CT Studies
A PhD student position is availed within the departments Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging & Medical Oncology at the UMCG Groningen under the direct supervision of both a medical physicist and a medical oncologist. The duration of the project is three years with a possible extension with one year.
During the project, you will take care of clinical research studies, be part of the execution of these study and do the analysis and interpretation of new radiotracers and imaging technologies. You like to work on and with Big Data.
The University of Groningen provides top-quality educational programmes. We offer a wide variety of interesting, highly regarded degree programmes that rank well internationally. As our student, you will receive high-quality supervision and have many programmes to choose from. As an exceptionally motivated and talented student, you could join our Honours College for an extra challenge.
- Applications Deadline: 12 August 2018
- Course Level: Positions are available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: PhD student: Advanced Quantitative Analysis of Molecular Oncology PET/CT studies.
- Scholarship Award: Your salary is € 2.279,- gross per month in the first year up to a maximum of € 2.919,- gross per month in the last fourth year (scale PhD). In addition, the UMCG will offer you 8% holiday pay, an 8.3% end-of-year bonus and a development budget. The terms of employment comply with the Collective Labour Agreement for Medical Centers (CAO-UMC).
The duration of the project is three years with a possible extension with one year. You will be able to develop your research skills within highly experienced and internationally recognized research groups and in addition, will receive education within institute research schools.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this position.
- Number of Scholarships: The two PhD positions will be part of the European Horizon2020 project MAGNIFY.
- Scholarship can be taken in the Netherlands
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
- Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this position.
- Entrance Requirements: The successful candidates should have:
You should preferably have an MSc degree in technical medicine, (medical) physics, medicine, biomedical sciences or a master degree in an equivalent direction.
You have an interest in performing image analysis and PET pharmacokinetic analysis.
You like to be involved in the execution and data collection of the research studies. This means that you are willing to work with patients in the context of executing clinical studies.
You have experience with or like to learn to programme with Matlab and/or python.
You are able to work in a multidisciplinary environment, have good communicative skills and be proficient in Dutch and English.
You will complete the PhD project by writing a dissertation on the results of the project.
The UMCG has a preventive Hepatitis B policy. The UMCG can provide you with the vaccination, should it be required for your position.
In the case of specific professions, a ‘Certificate of Good Behaviour’ is required.
- English Language Requirements: Applicants must have written and spoken English proficiency.
How to Apply: Please use the digital application form at the bottom of this page – only these will be processed. You can apply until 12 August 2018.
Immediately after sending the digital application form you will receive an email- confirmation with further information.