EN-ACTI2NG- Regensburg Center for Interventional Immunology (RCI) Early Stage PhD Fellowship
The Regensburg Center for Interventional Immunology (RCI), University Regensburg, Chair for Gene-Immuntherapy, Univ.-Prof. Abken, is offering Early Stage Researcher (f/m) PhD Fellowship.
The EN-ACTI2NG program aims to train PhD students with expertise in development of new and improved T cell-mediated cancer immuno-therapies.
The EN-ACTI 2NG (European Network on Anti-Cancer Immuno-Therapy Improvement by modification of CAR and TCR Interactions and Nanoscale Geometry) Initial Training Network, funded by the H2020 Marie Sk?odowska-Curie actions program, emanates from the recent clinical evidence that T cells expressing engineered tumor-specific immune receptors can eradicate certain tumors that do not respond to conventional treatment.
- Applications Deadline: August 1, 2018
- Course Level: Fellowship is available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: This is a training program for PhD students aimed at improving tumor-specific immune receptors.
- Scholarship Award: The successful candidate will be employed under a contract in a full time position, and is strongly encouraged to embark on a doctorate in their host or associated institution. Competitive salary is according to EU-mandated pay scales and includes a generous mobility allowance and, if applicable, family allowance.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
- Number of Scholarships: Numbers not given
- Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this fellowship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Possession of/finishing the program leading to a degree (usually the Master Degree) in Biological Sciences, Chemistry, (Bio-)Physics, Engineering, Medical Sciences which would formally entitle access to a doctorate. Applicants that are still in the course of obtaining the qualifying degree should include in their application an official declaration by their program director specifying the date at which the degree will be awarded.
- As mandated by EU regulations, the applicant shall, at the time of recruitment by the host organization, be in the first four years (full-time equivalent research experience) of her/his research career and have not been awarded a doctoral degree. She/he should also fulfill the mobility rule: at the time of recruitment by the host organization, the researcher must not have resided or carried out her/his main activity (work, studies, etc.) in Germany for more than 12 months in the 3 years immediately before the reference date. Compulsory national service and/or short stays such as holidays are not taken into account.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Applicants can contact Prof. Dr. Abken before submitting their applications. Applications have to include a CV, including a valid e-mail address and telephone number, and should include a copy of their qualifying degree and obtained grades, a letter of motivation and 2 recommendation letters. These documents should be sent in a single pdf file to the following e-mail addresses: hinrich.abken-a-uk-koeln.de, hinrich.abken-at-ukr.de and enacti2ng-at-cbm.csic.es. After a first check of fulfillment of the EU-mandated eligibility criteria Prof Dr. Abken will contact individual applicants.