PhD Fellowships in Functional Technology for High-Performance Architectures
The Department of Computer Science, Faculty of Science at the University of Copenhagen is offering 2 PhD scholarships in functional technology for high-performance architectures commencing 1 November 2018 or as soon as possible thereafter.
The positions are funded by the Independent Research Fund Denmark Grant “Functional Technology for High-Performance Architectures (FUTHARK)” held by Professor Fritz Henglein.
The University of Copenhagen is the oldest university and research institution in Denmark. Founded in 1479 as a studium generale, it is the second oldest institution for higher education in Scandinavia after Uppsala University.
Applicants must have excellent language skills in English and have excellent communications skills.
- Applications Deadline: 19 August 2018 The University of Copenhagen
- Course Level: Fellowships are available to pursue PhD programme.
- Study Subject: Functional Technology for High-Performance Architectures
- Scholarship Award: The starting salary is currently at a minimum DKK 317.459 including annual supplement (+ pension up to DKK 43.852). Negotiation for salary supplement is possible.
- Nationality: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Number of Scholarships: Up to two fellowships are available.
- Scholarship can be taken in Denmark
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
Eligible Countries: International students are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Entrance Requirements: Applicants should hold
- A BSc or MSc degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or a related field and good English skills
- Demonstrated talent within programming languages e.g. by top grades in relevant courses in mathematics or computer science or by publications at conferences like PLDI, POPL and ICFP
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have good English skills.
How to Apply: The application, in English, must be submitted electronically by clicking apply now below.
- Cover Letter
- Diploma and transcripts of records (BSc and MSc)
- Acceptance Letter for the relevant MSc Programme at SCIENCE (if any and if applying for the integrated MSc and PhD scheme),
- Other information for consideration, e.g. list of publications (if any),
- Full contact details (Name, address, telephone & email) of 1-3 professional referees