ICFJ Covering Women’s, Children’s and Adolescents’ Health Program
Application Deadline: Aug. 21st 2018 11:59pm
This new ICFJ program aims to elevate coverage of women’s and children’s health issues, by bolstering the knowledge and skills of young journalists. Participants will learn from top international experts, and amplify the conversation around these critical topics in their own countries.
The program will bring 25 to 30 young international journalists together with 1,200 partners dedicated to supporting women’s, children’s and adolescents’ health at the 2018 Partners’ Forum in New Delhi. They will also have the opportunity to tell their own stories about why covering these health topics matter and how the public health community can better work with journalists.
The well-being of women, children and adolescents determines the success of future generations. Participants in this program can play an important role in raising the profile of these essential issues.
- The ideal candidate is a professional journalist under 30 years old with experience covering health issues and an interest in women’s, children’s and adolescents’ health. Broadcast journalists and those with public speaking experience are particularly encouraged to apply.
- The Forum will be conducted in English, Spanish and French.
- Journalists from Afghanistan, Cambodia, Chile, Germany, Guatemala, Malawi,Malaysia, Indonesia, India, Sierra Leone, South Africa and the United States are especially encouraged to apply.
- Journalism students are not eligible for this program.
- Journalists will travel to New Delhi in December to attend the 2018 Partners’ Forum,hosted by the Partnership for Maternal, Newborn and Child Health (PMNCH) and the Government of India. Journalists will have the opportunity to cover the Forum and exchange knowledge with stakeholders in the fields of women’s and children’s issues. ICFJ will hold an orientation to prepare the journalists to cover the conference and help develop their story ideas.
- Airfare, lodging and meals during the program will be covered by the organizers.
To apply, please submit an application, complete with a short video of no more than 15 to 30 seconds explaining why you would be a great participant in this program. Videos longer than 30 seconds will not be considered.
Aug. 21 11:59pm: Application deadline
Dec. 11: Orientation in New Delhi
Dec. 12-13: PMNCH Partners’ Forum
Dec. 14: Program closure
For More Information: