Bank of Tanzania Mwalimu Julius Nyerere Memorial Scholarship Fund
Application Deadline: August 17th 2918
It is also partly used to sponsor both male and female Tanzanians top students to pursue undergraduate studies in Economics, Information Technology, Accounting and Finance as well as best students intending to pursue Master’s programmes in those fields.
The primary objective of the Fund is to promote interest and excellence in Mathematics and Science courses among female students in the United Republic of Tanzania.
The Scholarships are granted on academic merit and based on a rigorous selection process.
Successful applicants are granted full scholarship which covers all university direct cost (tuition fees etc.) and student direct costs (meal, accommodation, book and stationery allowance, field practical training, special faculty requirement etc.) as specified in the respective institutions ‘costs structure including a lap top computer.
1. Undergraduate Degree Programmes (4 Scholarships)
The Undergraduate Scholarships are granted to top performers at the level of the
Advanced Certificate of Secondary Education Examinations (ACSEE) to pursue Undergraduate degree programmes in two categories:
Category A: Science and Mathematics Studies (Female Students only)
Category B: Information Technology, Economics, Accounting and Finance Studies (Male and Female Students)
The Fund will obtain the list of the 2018 ACSEE top ten (10) students from the National
Examinations Council of Tanzania (NECTA) and the said Scholarship will be granted to qualified candidates
Master’s Degree Programmes ( 2 Scholarships)
- The Scholarships are open to both female and male best students who are to enrol in Master’s degree programmes in the fields of Mathematics, Science, Economics, Information Technology, Accounting and Finance.
a) Applicant must be a Tanzanian citizen.
b) Applicant must have obtained First Class or an Upper Second Class (honours) in the Bachelor
degree with a minimum GPA of 4.0 from an accredited university within the United Republic of Tanzania.
c) Applicant must not be more than thirty-five years of age and should have completed Bachelor’s degree in studies related to Mathematics, Science, Economics, Information Technology, Accounting or Finance.
d) Applicant must have applied/be admitted to a full time Master’s degree programme in an
accredited university within the United Republic of Tanzania. The programme should commence
in 2018/2019 academic year in any of the following fields: Mathematics, Science, Economics, Information Technology, Accounting or Finance.
Mode of Application:
- Applicants are required to complete Scholarship Application Forms which can be accessed on the BOT website: www.bot.go.tz.
- Printed forms can be obtained from the
Fund Administrator, Bank of Tanzania Head Office,
2 Mirambo Street,11884, DAR ES SALAAM.
- The forms can also be obtained at the Bank of Tanzania Branch Offices (Arusha,Zanzibar, Mwanza, Mbeya, Dodoma, Mtwara and the Bank of Tanzania Training Institute, Mwanza).
- All application forms should be completed and submitted to the Chairperson, Mwalimu Julius Nyerere Memorial Scholarship Fund, Bank of Tanzania Head Office, 2 Mirambo Street, 11884, DAR ES SALAAM by 17th August, 2018 (16:00hr).
- Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview The Chairperson, Scholarship Awards Committee, Mwalimu Julius Nyerere Memorial Scholarship Fund,
Bank of Tanzania, 2 Mirambo Street,11884, DAR ES SALAAM.
For More Information: