International AIDS Society (IAS) Research-for-Cure Academy
Deadline: August 12, 2018
Applications are open for the International AIDS Society (IAS) Research-for-Cure Academy 2018. The Academy awards fellowship to talented early to mid-career investigators and clinical scientists who are conducting HIV research in resource-constrained settings to participate in an interactive 3-day workshop.
Selected candidates will be invited to participate in the workshop from October 31 – November 2, 2018 in South Africa. The workshop faculty will comprise internationally renowned scientists from across the world, led by the co-chairs Prof. Sharon Lewin, The Doherty Institute, University of Melbourne, Australia and Dr. Steven Deeks, UCSF, United States.
The objective of the Academy is to
- Provide training on state of the art HIV cure research, based on the IAS Global Scientific Strategy: Towards an HIV Cure 2016 and current global undertakings in the field
- Improve and reinforce practical tools and methodology to pursue or engage in HIV remission research
- Provide a unique opportunity for the selected fellows to engage and discuss with leaders in the field of HIV cure research with a view to facilitating research collaborations in the search for an HIV cure or remission
Selected fellows will be awarded:
- Enrolment to the Research Academy
- Travel to South Africa
- Accommodation and meals
- Ground transportation
- Course materials
- Open to talented early to mid-career investigators and clinical scientists who are conducting HIV research in resource-constrained settings
Selection criteria are designed to ensure the academy builds on the candidate scientists’ capacity by providing them with an environment for national and international scientific collaboration and exchange, while ensuring maximum impact on their own careers and on the field of HIV cure research.
The selection committee will therefore take into account the candidates’ current field of research and their affiliation to an institution or university in a developing country.
For more information, visit IAS Research-for-Cure Academy.