Fully Funded IFITT ICT4D Scholarship to attend ENTER2019 eTourism Conference
Deadline: September 3, 2018
Applications are open for the IFITT ICT4D scholarship to attend ENTER2019 eTourism Conference. Under the IFITT ICT4D Scholarship, IFITT (The International Federation for IT in Travel and Tourism) will fund young talents coming from developing/emerging countries, to provide a positive impact onto their respective communities through the application of information and communication technology (ICT).
Submission should be connected with a Master or PhD thesis, having a clear orientation to the application of ICT in local tourism development. Awarded students will have the possibility to present their work at the PhD workshop during ENTER2019 eTourism Conference.
The scholarship consists of an assignment of a tutor, a non-cash prize for participation at ENTER2019 eTourism Conference (comprising of return travel from home country to Nicosia, Cyprus, accommodation, and conference fee) and free IFITT membership for one year.
The non-cash prize consists of:
- An invitation from IFITT (International Federation of IT in Travel and Tourism) to attend ENTER2019 in Nicosia, Cyprus from 29th of January to 1st of February 2019.
- Return international economy flights to the nearest airport from the nearest major airport to the candidate’s university. • Accommodation for four nights.
- Return transfer from/to airport to city accommodation at the destination.
Please note that the non-cash prize is not transferable.
All flight and accommodation bookings will be made by the IFITT unless otherwise agreed in writing with candidates.
- The applicant must be enrolled in a University program either PhD (priority) or Master (or equivalent) in the below listed eligible countries. Evidences should be included in the application.
- The applicant may also have a research/work contract in one University belonging to the below listed eligible countries (e.g. researcher, lecturer). Evidences should be included in the application.
- The contract with the University of the eligible country should expire at least 6 months after ENTER2019 (i.e. July 2019). Evidences should be included in the application.
- Every applicant can apply only one time per year.
- The University should belong to the “Eligible Countries,” including:
- Priority countries (priority)
- Also eligible countries
- The IFITT ICT4D committee will make decision on the scholarship award. Committee members are elected by IFITT board.
- Scholarship will be ONLY awarded in relation to ENTER2019.
- IFITT will issue an invitation letter to successful candidates, conditional to the participation at ENTER2019.
- Each candidate is responsible for obtaining a valid travel visa and will have to cover all cost that occurs from that.
- Submission Deadline: September 3, 2018
- Initial feedback: September 28, 2018
- Submit final revised proposal: October 12, 2018(*)
- Final acceptance: October 30, 2018(*)
- PhD Workshop: January 29, 2019
- ENTER2019 Conference: January 30 – 1 February 2019
(*)Please note that submission deadlines differ from the one of PhD workshop in order to facilitate necessary visa procedure.
Download the application form here.
For more information, visit IFITT ICT4D scholarship.