Alliance for Peacebuilding Scholarship Fund and attend PeaceCon
Deadline: August 24, 2018
The Alliance for Peacebuilding (AfP) has launched a scholarship fund for local peacebuilders to attend PeaceCon2018 in Washington D.C. on October 24-26, 2018. Each year, the Alliance for Peacebuilding’s Annual Conference gathers together a diverse network of peacebuilders and provides them with the opportunity to share their achievements, insights, and, most importantly, visions for the future of peacebuilding.
Over the course of three dynamic days, conference participants have the opportunity to constructively engage in an array of activities and workshops structured around cutting-edge developments in the field of peacebuilding, from neuroscience and psychosocial healing to storytelling and the media. With past participants from over 200 organizations and 30 countries around the world, PeaceCon 2018 will be a pivotal juncture for exploring the challenges facing the field of peacebuilding, as well as developing collaborative solutions for the future.
Selected applicants will receive the following:
- AfP will cover round-trip airfare; (AfP reserves the right to place limits on the cost of travel)
- Local travel to and from airports;
- Hotel accommodations for 4 nights stay in Washington, DC;
- Pre-determined per diem to help cover the cost of dinner during the conference and when in transit;
- Admission to PeaceCon 2018 and the Peacebuilding M&E Solutions Forum (The Solutions Forum is held on October 23 and those selected are welcome to participate if their travel and schedule permit it);
AfP will handle the travel logistics and purchase the airfare and hotel accommodations. Selected applicants will be required to coordinate their own local travel and will receive per diem payments upon arrival. All participants will travel economy-class flights to and from Washington, DC. AfP reserves the right to place a limit on the cost of flights depending on the selected applicant’s residency and circumstances. The scholarship fund is contingent upon approved funding.
The scholarship fund does not cover the cost of visa applications and travel insurance. AfP does not sponsor visa applications, however, we do provide an event invitation that can be used when applying for their visa. Scholarship recipients will be responsible for submitting and managing any visa applications. All awarded scholarships are contingent on the applicants’ ability to get a visa to the United States.
- Those eligible are individuals who, either working independently or with an organization, implement direct peacebuilding programming and/or conduct peacebuilding research in a country/region outside of the United States, Canada, Western Europe and the European Union, Australia, Japan, and New Zealand.
- All awarded scholarships are contingent on the applicants’ ability to get a visa to the United States. Pending approved funding, decisions and notifications will be made by August 31st.
- Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of merit and financial need.
All applications must be submitted through the online form. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
For more information, visit Alliance for Peacebuilding Scholarship.