Northwestern University ISITA Early Career Scholars of Islam in Africa
Application Deadline: August 31st 2018
The Institute for the Study of Islamic Thought in Africa (ISITA) at Northwestern University invites applications for its first Early Career Scholars of Islam in Africa Book Development Workshop, to be held at Northwestern University, Evanston, IL in spring 2019. The workshop will support an early career scholar working in the field of Islam in Africa as they prepare their book manuscript for submission to a press. The selected scholar’s manuscript will be read by at least two senior colleagues in the field and discussed in depth at a workshop.
- Applicants must have received their PhD by the application deadline of August 31, 2018.
- Only projects that are the author’s first monograph will be considered.
- The selected applicant must have a complete book manuscript ready for circulation and discussion by February 1, 2019. The workshop is projected to take place in April or May, 2019, depending upon the participants availability.
- Manuscripts must be in English.
- Manuscripts can focus on any aspect of Islam in Africa, past or present, from any disciplinary perspective.
- Applicants can be nationals of any country.
- Please note: Applicants should not propose a workshop for an un-revised dissertation. The purpose of the workshop is to give scholars feedback during the revision process.
To apply, please submit the information below to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 31, 2018, in a single PDF document titled with your last name:
1) Your CV;
2) A 2-3 page description of the project;
3) A chapter-length writing sample (preferably the introductory chapter) of the book manuscript;
4) Contact information for at least two academic references (including a dissertation chair). The selection committee will notify all applicants of their decisions by email no later than October 1, 2018.
Questions? Contact ISITA at email@example.com.
For More Information: