2019 Wellcome Trust Climate Change and Health Awards
Application Deadline: 10 January 2019
Wellcome Trust Climate Change and Health Awards supports researchers who want to explore the links between people’s health and a changing climate.
Scheme at a glance
Where your host organisation is based:
UK, Republic of Ireland, Low- or middle-income countries, Rest of the world
Level of funding:
£100,000 to £500,000 (up to £1 million in exceptional circumstances)
Duration of funding:
Up to 3 years
Climate Change and Health Awards are open to researchers who want to better understand the links between climate change and people’s health.
The awards are open to individuals or teams of up to ten members from anywhere in the world.
You can apply if you’re based at:
- an academic research organisation
- a not-for-profit or government body
- a private sector organisation.
We will review:
- the vision and scope of your proposal, including the aims, methods and strategic importance of your work to the field of climate change and health
- previous activities, knowledge or learning on which your proposal will build
- the qualifications and track records of team members, relative to their career stage
- the feasibility of your proposal
- whether your budget is justifiable and appropriate for your proposed activities.
We especially welcome proposals that do one or more of the following:
- focus on low- and middle-income countries, where the risks of climate change are highest
- encourage collaboration among different research disciplines
- yield policy-relevant evidence that can help drive change.
You may ask for funding of up to £500,000 for up to three years.
In exceptional circumstances, we may award up to £1 million. This funding will be for projects that have the potential to bring about major change. If you plan to submit an award above £500,000, please discuss it with the Our Planet, Our Health team first.
Your costs should be justifiable and appropriate for your proposed activities.
How to Apply
You must submit your application through the Wellcome Trust Grant Tracker (WTGT).
For More Information: