Mo Ibrahim Foundation Governance for Development in Africa Initiative Residential School
Application Deadline: December 31st 2018
The annual residential school on governance and development is part of the Governance for Development in Africa programme that we at SOAS run in collaboration with the Mo Ibrahim Foundation.
This initiative aims to contribute to and stimulate debate on governance, development, and the relationship between them. Participants from a range of African countries, and representative of the academic, civil society and government sectors, are selected each year to take part in the residential school.
The Mo Ibrahim Foundation in association with SOAS and the Centre of African Studies-University of London is organising a one-week Residential School, date/place tbcon the topic of ‘Governance and Development in Africa’.
The residential school is for 20 participants who are policy makers, academics, researchers or civil society representatives from any African country who will gain, through this training, new ideas and knowledge on the broad issue of governance and development. We welcome applications from a wide range of backgrounds.
- All costs for successful applicants, including economy flights, visa costs, accommodation and meal, will be covered. No per diem
- Applications should include:
1. 2 page max CV (including email address for correspondence)
2. One reference letter (can be emailed directly by referee to firstname.lastname@example.org)
3. Proposal of max 1000 words outlining research interest and/or professional background and how the applicant will benefit from attending the Residential School
To be sent electronically:
Centre of African Studies
SOAS-University of London
Thornaugh Street, Russell Square
London WC1H 0XG
For More Information: