British Councils’ Festival Management Training programme
Application Deadline: midnight, 3 September 2018.
British Council is launching the second round of the Festival Management Training programme for Festival Managers working in West Africa.
The Festival Management Training programme will comprise two, 3-day, face-to-face workshops, online mentoring sessions and opportunities for UK residencies and professional exchanges as below:
|Workshop 1||Lagos, Nigeria||24 – 26 October 2018|
|Group Mentoring Sessions
Feedback on festival business plans and other strategies.
|Online||November 2018 – March 2019|
|Workshop 2||Accra, Ghana (or other West Africa Location)||April 2019|
|Opportunity to apply for UK and West Africa residencies and placements||UK and West Africa||May 2019 onwards|
The training programme aims to:
- Enhance the artistic, technical and management skills of arts and culture festival management teams in West Africa to strengthen delivery and thus improve artistic, social and economic contribution of participating festivals to their host communities.
- Provide networking opportunities for festival managers from West Africa and the UK to enhance the sharing of best practice and collaboration.
- Participation in the workshop is free.
- This training will cover elements of Festival Management including Marketing and promotion, Audience Development, Business Models and Proposals, Evaluation, Advocacy and Partnership, Programming and Fundraising.
- The training will be facilitated by festival management experts from the UK and Africa who through a combination of practical and theoretical teaching provide participants with training which they can apply to their context to grow and develop the festivals they manage.
- The course is structured to encourage strong peer to peer working so participants can expect to learn from and each other as well as sharing their skills and experience.
- There are bursaries available to support participants from outside workshop locations with travel and accommodation.
- Participants will need to commit to working outside of the workshop hours by completing course work and attending webinars.
Deadline: Fill the form by midnight, 3 September 2018.
Selected participants will be notified by 17 September 2018.
For More Information: