Rosatom Atoms Empowering Africa Youth Video Competition
Application Deadline: September 10th 2018
Russian state owned nuclear corporation Rosatom officially opens submissions for its 4th annual youth video competition, devoted to the potential of nuclear power to help bolster Africa’s economic and social development. Students and young professionals from all Sub-Saharan African countries are invited to participate. This year, for the first time, the contest is supported by the African Young Generation in Nuclear (AYGN), South African Network for Education in Nuclear Science and Technology (SAN-NEST) andSouth African Institute of Electrical Engineers (SAIEE).
- The contest will run up until the 25th of August 2018, and young people between the ages of 18 to 30, alone or in a group of up to 3 fellows, are encouraged to film a 60- to 120-second video on their findings.
- You can choose any topic or any number of them. Awards will be given for overall best videos
- Nominees may prepare video in team of up to 3 people
- Videos must be in English
- Video can be made in any quality you seem that fits your vision (professional & smart phone)
- All video content must be original, produced by the young people who are making the competition submission. Use of any video content produced by or obtained from the professional organizations, university or other third parties is permitted in no more than 50% of the original video.
Social media post:
- Nominees must publish their videos on their Facebook page with no restrictions on its visibility for any Facebook visitors
- The post must tag @Rosatominafrica Facebook page and contain hashtags: #AtomsForAfrica and #RosatomCompetition
- The post must be posted no earlier than 14th of June 2018 and no later than 26th of August 2018
- The top ten videos will be shortlisted and posted on the company’s Facebook page, the creators of the three videos with the most likes will win an all-expenses paid trip to Russia on 6 – 12th October, 2018.
- In addition to the cultural tours of Moscow, the agenda includes a visit to one of Russia’s Nuclear Power Plants (NPP) which is equipped with VVER nuclear reactor, as well as a journey to the first City of Science – Obninsk where many scientific and nuclear facilities are located.
- The winners will have a chance to meet African students who are currently studying nuclear physics at the world-famous MEPhI nuclear university.
Competition format: Facebook video competition
Key topics for videos:
- Why does Africa need to embrace the peaceful atom?
- Who in Africa already benefits from peaceful atom and how?
- How would you explain the benefits of the peaceful atom to your fellow Africans?
- Top 10 shortlisted videos will be featured on organizers’ social media platfroms, their authors will receive a diploma and a power bank either in person at the award ceremony or via courier.
- 3 winning teams chosen among top 10 will receive all-expenses paid trip to Russia on 6 – 12th October. No cash compensations.
Russia visit details:
- Trip to the first City of Science – Obninsk – where many scientific and nuclear facilities are located and where many African students study nuclear physics at world-famous MEPhI nuclear university.
- Meet and greet with African students studying nuclear in Russia.
- Visit to one of Russian NPP equipped with latest Generation 3+ VVER nuclear reactors.
- Tour of Russian culture, traditions and cuisine.
How to participate?
- Read T&Cs to check your eligibility
- Prepare and post your video as per T&C
- Complete and send us your entry form
- Receive personal email from the jury
- In case of win, get ready to be empowered!
- APPLICATION DEADLINE : SEPTEMBER 10TH!
- 12th September – top 10 videos posted on Rosatom Africa Facebook page
- 14th September – online awarding ceremony
- 6-12 October – TRIP TO RUSSIA! Get ready to meet Russian nuclear family!
- Audience reach based on number of likes and reposts of your original post
- Jury decision based on creativity, comprehensibility and impact
For More Information: