Facebook Fellowship Program & Emerging Scholar Awards for PhD Students
Application Deadline: October 12, 2018 at 11:59 pm PST.
The Facebook Fellowship Program and Emerging Scholar Awards are designed to encourage and support promising doctoral students who are engaged in innovative and relevant research in areas related to computer science and engineering.
The Emerging Scholar Award is open to first or second year PhD students. It is designed to support talented students from traditionally under-represented minority groups* in the technology sector, to encourage them to continue their PhD studies, pursue innovative research, and engage with the broader research community.
Winners of the Emerging Scholar Award are entitled to receive two years of tuition and fees paid, a stipend of $37,000 each year, and up to $5,000 in conference travel support.
Emerging Scholar Award Includes
- Tuition and fees will be paid for the academic year (up to two years/four semesters)
- $37K grant (one-time payment during each academic year)
- Up to $5,000 in conference travel support
- Paid visit to Facebook headquarters to for the annual Fellowship Summit
- First or second year full-time PhD students who are currently involved in on-going research in an accredited university in any country
- Students work must be related to one or more relevant disciplines (see research areas below)
- Students must be enrolled during the academic year(s) the Fellowship is awarded
- Must fit the criteria of an under-represented* minority in the technology sector
Applications Must Include
- 1-2 page research summary which clearly identifies the area of focus, importance to the field, and applicability to Facebook of the anticipated research during the award (reference the research areas below)
- Resume or CV, with email, phone and mailing address, and applicable coursework noted
- 2 letters of recommendation to be uploaded with your application. Please provide reference email addresses, and one reference must be from an academic advisor