D-Prize Challenge Prize for Social Entrepreneurs to fight Poverty
Application Deadline: November 25, 2018 at midnight PT.
- D-Prize challenges are open to anyone or any teams. The sole restriction is that individuals and their immediate family on the judging panel may not participate as a contestant.
- D-Prize is also open to any business model (for profit, non-profit, and everything in between).
- All winners will be awarded up to $20,000. The award is offered in the form of a convertible grant.
- Up to 25 of the most promising proposals will be selected for funding awards, regardless of which challenge track was selected.
● Proposals must be submitted following the instructions in this packet.
● Extra material outside of the proposal will not be considered.
● Revisions to proposals after submission will also not be considered.
● Only one proposal per person or partnership will be considered.
● Proposals must be written in English.
First Round proposals will be accepted on a rolling basis, using the following deadlines. We
strive to send decisions out within three weeks. Judges may request additional information
via email before making a decision.
● Early decision deadline: October 14, 2018 at midnight PT (Pacific Time). Early decision
proposals are more likely to advance to the next round, and will have additional time on
for the full proposal.
● Regular deadline: November 4, 2018 at midnight PT.
● Extension deadline : November 25, 2018 at midnight PT. Extensions are limited to the
- Entrepreneurs invited to the Final Round will interview with judges over email and on the phone. Depending on the promise and cost-effectiveness of a proposal, judges may award up to $20,000 in funding.
- The average D-Prize award size is $12,000.
Piloting Winning Ventures
- Besides direct funding, D-Prize can assist in helping your venture attract future funding if the pilot proves successful. We will also provide you access to the D-Prize network of past winners, and will do our best to support you in other ways.
For More Information: