World Bank/Build Academy Resilient Home Challenge for Architects & Engineers
Application Deadline:November 30th, 2018
Natural disasters are on the rise. Since 1990, natural disasters have affected 217 million people every single year. Hundreds of floods, storms, heat waves and droughts have left about 606,000 people dead and 4.1 billion injured or homeless around the world since 1995. And it is often the poorest that suffer the most from these shocks.
As architects and engineers, we can design resilient and sustainable housing that both reduce the risk of damage and enables rapid reconstruction following a disaster.
The World Bank, Build Academy, Airbnb, and GFDRR are calling upon architects around the world to develop designs for resilient, modular and affordable homes that cost under $ 10,000
Winning designs will be published and winners will be invited to exhibit at the World Bank in Washington DC, USA and other select global venues. Winning designs could also eventually inform resilient housing or reconstruction work for World Bank-funded projects in places like the Caribbean, South and East Asia, etc.
- Sign up anytime with no registration fee and form your team
- Participate in the optional educational tutorials to enhance your knowledge of the context
- If you need some help, you’ll have the option to receive regular feedback from Experts in the field and in group forums on Zoom
- Submit your final proposal by November 30th, 2018, latest
- A highly reputable Jury will select and announce the winners on December 14th, 2018
For More Information: