Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme
Application Deadline: 16:00 (Irish time) 1 November 2018
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is an established national initiative, funded by the Department of Education and Skills and managed by the Council.
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Programme is unique in the Irish research landscape and complements other channels for funded postgraduate education in the Irish eco-system. Among its features are:
- individual, prestigious awards for excellent research in the name of the applicant;
- an objective selection process using international, independent expert peer review;
- funding across all disciplines, from archaeology to zoology;
- with the exception of those funded by our strategic funding partners, awards for bottom-up, non-directed research.
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarships Programme is highly competitive, with an average success rate of 19% over the last five years. Successful applicants who become scholars under the programme are recognised as demonstrating world-class potential as future research leaders and in the quality of their ideas.
- a stipend of €16,000 per annum
- a contribution to fees, including non-EU fees, up to a maximum of €5,750 per annum
- eligible direct research expenses of €2,250 per annum
|Call open||6 September 2018|
|FAQ deadline||25 October 2018|
|Applicant deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 1 November 2018|
|Supervisor and referee deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 8 November 2018|
|Research office endorsement deadline||16:00 (Irish time) 15 November 2018|
|Call outcome||End of March 2019|
|Scholarship start date||1 September 2019|
Please note that the timings provided here are indicative and may be subject to change.
If you do not find the answer to your query in the call documentation, you should contact the research office in your proposed institution which will provide information and clarification on the call. Research offices can send any queries they are unable to clarify to email@example.com.
For More Information: