Johnson & Johnson WiSTEM2D Scholars Award Program for female leaders
Application Deadline:September 25, 2018.
The Johnson & Johnson Scholars Award Program aims to fuel the development of female STEM2D leaders and feed the STEM2D talent pipeline by awarding and sponsoring women at critical points in their research careers, in each of the STEM2D disciplines: Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, Manufacturing and Design.
The awards will fund one woman per discipline who has completed her advanced degree, who is working as an assistant professor and who is not yet tenured at an accredited university or design institution. The goal is to fuel the research passion of the awarded women and inspire career paths in their respective STEM2D fields.
The Scholars Award is a three-year award in the gross amount of $150,000, which will be paid to the University (the “Recipient”) for the benefit of the Johnson & Johnson Scholar and her research, with the understanding that the Recipient will administer the funds. The Scholars Award will be paid in three (3) installments of U.S. $50,000 per year of the three-year scholarship period, payable in 2019, subject to compliance with the terms and conditions of the program’s Agreement.
You must be a woman working in the field(s) of Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Manufacturing and Design (STEM2D).
You must be an assistant female professor or global equivalent faculty position at the time of application at an accredited academic university, institution or design school.
The female scholar should have a minimum degree for the appropriate field:
- Science; M.D., Ph.D.
- Technology; Ph.D.
- Engineering; Ph.D.
- Math; M.S., Ph.D.
- Manufacturing; Ph.D.
- Design; M.A., M.S., MDes, MArch, MFA, MLA, Ph.D.
In addition to general contact details and demographics, the scholar applicant is responsible for the provision of documents into the application system, including non-confidential letters of recommendation.
- Submit a department head letter of recommendation (One applicant per university per letter of STEM2D).
- Write 1,000 words (plus one page of images) detailing your proposed area of research.
- Create and submit a one- to three-minute digital video describing, as simply as possible, the impact of the research on your area of STEM2D and your own personal impact as a potential future leader in STEM2D.
- Submit your resume (three pages, font size 11), including a list of publications, presentations, abstracts, current financial support already obtained, other folio work and two references.
- Submit a brief outline of your budget for proposed research.
For More Information: