The Global South Climate Scholarships for Youth to Attend
Application Deadline:October 27, 2018
The Global South Climate Scholarships for Youth shall cover all costs of travel (to and from international tickets), accommodation, visa, travel insurance fee, food, local transport and other costs for the selected applicants to participate both in the UNFCCC’s 24rd Conference of Parties (COP 24) and the 14th Conference of Youth (COY 14) in Katowice, Poland in December 2018, also providing the selected applicants with online Capacity Building Training sessions about the process, prior to their travel to Katowice.
Have all your expenses covered for participating at the 24th UNFCCC Conference of Parties (COP24) and the 14th Conference of Youth 14 (COY14)
The funding benefits cover the following:
- Costs for all international and domestic flight tickets
- Costs incurred during the visa application process
- Costs of accommodation for about 18 days (from 28 November 2018 to 15 December 2018 – the duration comprising COY14 and COP24) in Katowice, Poland
- Costs of food for the entire duration, travel insurance, local transport and any other reasonable expenditure dur the the stay in Poland.
To be eligible for Global South Climate Scholarships for youth, you, as an applicant, must ensure that:
- You are under 35 years of age on 31 October 2018
- If selected, you will be available to join the 14th Conference of Youth (COY14) and the 24th Conference of Parties of UNFCCC (COP24) in Katowice, Poland for the full duration (from about 27 November 2018 to 15 December 2018) and shall also engage proactively in the preparation phase leading to activities in Katowice.
- – Able to secure a formal registration (known as “accreditation”) from the UNFCCC in order to attend both weeks of COP24. Accreditation can only be provided by “admitted observer organizations” (https://unfccc.int/process/parties-non-party-stakeholders/non-party-stakeholders/admitted-ngos/list-of-admitted-ngos) or governments. Without accreditation, it is not possible for you to attend COP24 and thus be able to participate in the GSCSY. If you are affiliated with an NGO or government that can provide you with accreditation, please indicate this at the requested point in your application.
- If you are not able to provide your own source of accreditation, then you are still welcome to apply for the GSCSY, but your eligibility will be contingent upon the GSCSY Team being able to find a source of accreditation on your behalf. Please know that all accreditations are strictly controlled by the UNFCCC, and as such, the GSCSY team CANNOT guarantee being able to find you accreditation for COP24 (and if we cannot find it, then any applications without it will unfortunately be ineligible). Thank you for your understanding.
– And you ensure us that, you will be available to travel to Poland for the full duration of COY14 and COP24 – from 26 November 2018 until 16 December 2018 and shall also be able to get engaged in the preparatory phase online!
- Your application can be counted as invalid if:
– your details are incorrect/incomplete and/ or the application has obvious mistakes,
– responses exceed the word limits,
– false statements are given,
For More Information: