World Youth Alliance (WYA) Africa Vanessa Cherese Scholarship
Application Deadline:November 3, 2018.
World Youth Alliance (WYA) Africa opens the 2018 search for a passionate, committed, and dedicated World Youth Alliance member from Africa who will represent the region in the second or third batch of the WYA Global Internship Program (May–July or September-December 2019) in New York City, USA. Successful completion of WYA’s Certified Training Program and Regional Internship Program in the WYA Africa regional office are prerequisites to apply for the search.
The chosen WYA member will receive the Vanessa Cherese Scholarship. This includes:
• A 3-month project management and advocacy training at the WYA Headquarters in New York
• An opportunity to represent the WYA Africa region in the International Summer Campas a Counselor (if joining B2)
• Roundtrip economy class flight tickets from Nairobi, Kenya to New York, USA
• Shared room accommodations with facilities in New York (a value of approximately $4,500)
• Qualified to apply for an internship stipend (a value of approximately $200-$300)
The chosen WYA member is responsible for the expenses related to the visa application and local transportation from his or her current location to Nairobi.
- Aged 30 years old and below
- University student or graduate
- Good command of the English language (writing and oral), French as a second language will be appreciated
- Strong skills in management, team work, public speaking, fundraising, and planning
- Signed WYA Charter
- World Youth Alliance Regional Internship Alumna
- Completed International Internship Application Form and Scholarship Application Form** (this can be merged as one)
- Completed WYA’s Certified Training Program with a score of at least 85 and above
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae (maximum of 3 pages)
- Cover Letter addressed to the WYA Africa Regional Director
- 3 recommendation letters, 1 of which must certify financial need for the support under the scholarship
- Commitment to serve the region as a member of the National Committee of their country after their return from the International Internship.
- Completion of the Application Process
- Submission of the required essay question
- Complete application sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Applicants should submit their completed application requirements to email@example.com the subject 2019WYAAVCSF_LastName on or before November 3, 2018.
For More Information: