Digital poster at the Women Deliver conference in Vancouver
Application Deadline: Friday, 16 November 2018
Women Deliver are seeking the latest research and initiatives that demonstrate the impact of advocacy for gender equality and the health, rights, and wellbeing of girls and women. In line with the Women Deliver Conference theme of “Power, Progress, Change,” submissions showcase the latest solutions-oriented research and evidence-based initiatives.
original work from representatives of all sectors — researchers, experts, advocates, enthusiasts, students, and industry professionals alike — documenting proven strategies to improve the lives of girls and women through advocacy.
Interested parties may submit an abstract for (1) research or scholarly work, or (2) an evidence-based initiative for a chance to present their poster at the Solutions Gallery at the Women Deliver 2019 Conference.
Aligned with the conference theme of “Power, Progress, Change,” abstracts should focus on demonstrating the impact of advocacy for gender equality and the health, rights, and wellbeing of girls and women. Specifically:
Research abstracts should quantify the impact of advocacy by addressing data gaps, presenting new data, or building off of existing research from a different perspective. Evidence-based initiative abstracts should explain how the advocacy initiative or program demonstrates concrete results and/or solutions for girls and women.
The focus of the advocacy may align to any of the following topics:
- Understanding Gender and Power
- Political Participation
- Economic Participation
- Work and Home
- Media, Arts, and Pop Culture
- Meaningful Youth Engagement
- Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights
- Maternal and Newborn Health
- Comprehensive Health
- Gender-Based Violence and Harmful Practices
- Advocacy and Accountability
- Humanitarian and Fragile Settings
- Environment/Climate Change
- Rural and Urban Issues
- Religion and Faith
- Resources: Land, Energy, Water, Sanitation
- Innovation and Technology
- Financing for Development
Eligibility Criteria to submit an abstract:
- Abstract content must be advocacy and solutions-oriented related to improving gender equality and the health, rights, and wellbeing of girls and women
- Abstract content must be new and current (Exceptions include if data came from a longitudinal study that recently ended or is still ongoing, or if older data are relevant for comparison to demonstrate progress and innovation)
- Research studies must follow country’s ethical review procedures (i.e. Institutional Review Board protocol)
- Abstract must be submitted in English, using the online form
- Your abstract must be new and unpublished. (An abstract previously published or presented at a conference or meeting can only be submitted if there are new methods, findings, updated information, or other valid reasons for submitting, with justification.)
- You have been involved in the research or evidence-based initiative described in the abstract and are able to present the content in English at the Women Deliver 2019 Conference should your abstract be selected
- You have a proficient level of computer skills for submitting a digital poster using the official poster hosting platform if accepted
If you identify as someone with a disability and require special assistance to complete your application, please contact us at WD2019@womendeliver.org.
- Request for abstracts open: Tuesday, 16 October 2018
- Request for abstracts deadline: Friday, 16 November 2018
- Accepted abstracts announced: February 2019
- Final poster submission deadline: Friday, 5 April 2019
- Women Deliver 2019 Conference begins: Monday, 3 June 2019
- Poster presentations on site at the Solutions Gallery: Tuesday through Thursday, 4-6 June 2019
Please note that accepted abstract applicants are required to, no later than 3 March 2019, secure their own registration, lodging, and travel to the Women Deliver 2019 Conference, including Canadian visa if required (Canada allows applications 6 months prior to the event).
The selected 150 accepted abstract applicants will be announced in February 2019. Final digital posters are due by Friday, 5 April 2019.
For More Information: