UNFCCC’s Action for Climate Empowerment Internship Programme
Application Deadline: December 16th 2018
The UNFCCC internship programme provides opportunities for postgraduate students from diverse academic backgrounds to foster learning and development through practical work assignments. Selected candidates gain insight into the work of UNFCCC through support and assistance by the respective supervisor(s) in various areas related to climate change.
- Applicants should have completed an undergraduate degree and be currently enrolled in a Master degree programme.
- Applicants pursuing their studies in countries where higher education is not divided into undergraduate stages should have completed at least four years of study and be enrolled as a student at the time of application and during the internship.
Field of study
At the time of application and during the entire period of internship applicants should be enrolled in a recognized university for a Master degree programme in a field related to the work of UNFCCC secretariat. The following branches of study are eligible:
- Environmental Sciences
- Event Management
- IT / Computer Science
- Human Resources and/or Public Administration
- International Law
- International Relations
- Natural Sciences
- Political Science
Applicants should have strong written and oral communication skills in English.
- Internship assignments at UNFCCC can be minimum of two months and a maximum of six months.
- Interns are not financially remunerated by the UNFCCC secretariat. Costs and arrangements for travel, visas, accommodation and living expenses are the responsibility of the intern or his/her sponsoring institution.
- The UNFCCC secretariat accepts no responsibility for medical insurance for the intern or for any costs arising from accidents and/or illness during the internship period. Applicants are required to provide evidence of adequate medical insurance coverage.
- The UNFCCC secretariat is not responsible for any claims by an intern or third party in the case of loss or damage to property, or death or personal injury as a result of actions or omissions on the part of the intern during the internship period.
How to Apply
Applications should include:
– A recent detailed Curriculum Vitae;
– An explanatory paper indicating the reason for requesting an internship and intended goals to be achieved if selected.
Apply for specific internship assignments
Occasionally, UNFCCC secretariat publishes terms of reference for specific internship assignments to target a desired group of applicants. Assignments are published in the recruitment database under the section “Internship”. Interested applicants must register in the recruitment database and apply accordingly.
For current openings for internship assignments, please click here.
|Intern »||N/A||Action for Climate Empowerment – Communications and Outreach, Sustainable Development Mechanisms programme||13 Nov – 16 Dec||18/Intern65/SDM-ACE Communications Outreach|
|Intern »||N/A||Action for Climate Empowerment – Research and Education, Sustainable Development Mechanisms programme||13 Nov – 16 Dec||18/Intern66/SDM-Research Education|
|Intern »||N/A||Action for Climate Empowerment – Training, Sustainable Development Mechanisms programme||13 Nov – 16 Dec||18/Intern67/SDM-Training|
For More Information: