OECD Video Competition and Attend MENA Regional Conference on Youth Participation and Public Life
Application Deadline: 23:59 (Paris time) on 24 November 2018
Are you interested in being more engaged in the public life of your city? Do you feel young people want to participate more in the public decision-making of their cities and neighbourhoods, but find it difficult to be heard? Do you feel public policies and services could better respond to the needs of youth?
Make a short video (100 seconds max) that answers the question: “How can your local government* strengthen engagement with young people?”
The project “Youth in Public Life: Towards an Open and Inclusive Youth Engagement” is implemented by the MENA-OECD Governance Programme with the support of the G7 Deauville Partnership MENA Transition Fund. It supports Tunisia, Morocco and Jordan in strengthening public governance arrangements for young men and women to engage in public life.
In the framework of the project, the Presidency of the Government and the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sport of Tunisia organises in co-operation with the OECD the high-level regional youth conference on 27-28 November 2018 in Tunis.
The conference will bring together representatives from youth ministries, public decision-makers from the central and local level, youth associations, non-governmental organisations and young people from MENA and OECD member countries to exchange good practices and lessons learned on how to increase youth participation at the local level and how public policies and services at the local level can better respond to the actual needs of young men and women.
- Your video must be no more than 100 seconds (1 minute 40 seconds) in length.
- Any spoken language used in your video that is not English or French must be accompanied by subtitles in English or French.
- Your video must not contain violence, profanity, sex or direct attacks on individuals or organizations. Any entries deemed offensive will be immediately disqualified.
- Your video must be your own original creation – no copyrighted music, video, sounds or images may be used.
- Your video must not infringe on any third party rights.
- Your video must not have been produced for compensation or posted previously on any OECD Web page.
The video author (or a single nominated representative if a team or group creation) of the winning video will be invited to attend the MENA Regional Conference on Youth Participation and Public Life in Amman (Jordan), Automn 2019. Travel costs to and from Amman, hotel accommodation and a daily living allowance will be provided for the duration of the above-mentioned Conference.
For More Information: