Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship 2019 for young Nigerian Teacher Training Students
The Embassy of Japan is pleased to inform you that the Government of Japan will provide scholarship for Nigerian Primary/Secondary school teachers who desire to take teacher training course and Japanese language training in Japan.
Application Deadline:January 31, 2019
QUALIFICATIONS AND CONDITIONS
MEXT accepts applications from international students for study in Japan who satisfy the following qualifications and conditions.
Applicants must have the nationality of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan. An applicant who has Japanese nationality at the time of application is not eligible.
(2) Age: Applicants must be born on or after April 2, 1984. Exceptions are limited to cases in which MEXT deems that the applicant could not apply within the eligible age limit due to the situation or circumstances of the applicant’s country
(3) Academic and Career Background:
Applicants must be graduates of universities or teacher training schools and have worked as teachers at primary/secondary educational institutions or teacher training schools (excluding universities) in their home countries for a total period of five years or more as of October 1, 2019. In-service faculty members in a higher education institution are not eligible.
(4) Japanese Language Ability:
Applicants must be willing to learn Japanese. Applicants must be interested in Japan and be willing to deepen their understanding of Japan after arriving in Japan.
Applicants must submit a health certificate in the prescribed format signed by a physician attesting that the applicant has no physical or mental conditions hindering the applicant’s study in Japan.
(6) Arrival in Japan:
In principle, applicants must be able to arrive in Japan by the designated period (usually September or October) between the day two weeks before the course starts and the starting date of the course. If the applicant cannot arrive in Japan during the specified period for personal reasons, travel expenses to Japan will not be paid.
(1) Allowance: 143,000 yen per month. A supplemental regional allowance of 2,000 or 3,000 yen per month is for the monthly scholarship amount for the grantees studying or conducting research in specially designated regions.
(2) Education Fees: Fees for the entrance examination, matriculation and tuition at universities will be paid by MEXT.
No. 9 Bobo Street (off Gana Street), Maitama, Abuja
Telephone: 090 6000 9019, 090 6000 9099
Embassy working hours: (Mon to Thurs) 8:00am to 5:30pm, (Fri) 8:00am to 12:45pm
For guidelines and application forms please click : http://www.ng.emb-japan.newweb/itpr_en/00_000071.html, to get the form online, or come to the Embassy at the address below.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Japanese Government (MEXT) Scholarship 2019