ICR PhD Studentships for International Students in UK
Applications are invited for two Early Stage Researcher (ESR) PhD studentships at the Institute of Cancer Research. Scholarships are available for International students.
Application Deadline: January 31, 2019
The successful candidates will receive a 36 month, full-time employment contract as per Marie Sklodowska-Curie Actions (MSCA) regulations for early stage researchers. The monthly salary will be confirmed upon offer, paid in the currency of the host country, and with a correction factor applied to the host country.
The ESRs enrollment is in a PhD programme of leading academic and industrial researchers. In addition to their individual scientific projects, all ESRs will benefit from a training programmed tailored to the needs of the project
- Be able to demonstrate that they have spent fewer than 12 months working in the UK in the last 3 years, and
- Should have a minimum of a BSc, but preferably an MSc, in a relevant physical science or engineering subject, and
- Be able to demonstrate strong experimental and mathematical modelling capabilities.
Admissions to all ICR research degree programmes governance is by the ICR Admissions Policy and Procedure (PDF) and the Appeals and Complaints Procedure for Applicants (PDF).
To be eligible for registration for the degree of MPhil/ PhD, you should have (or expect to obtain):
- A degree in a relevant subject passed with First Class or Upper Second Class honours 
- or a Masters degree in a relevant subject
- also, or an overseas qualification of equivalent standard to the above
- or an MPhil in a relevant field (see paragraph 9.1 of the MPhil/PhD Code of Practice)
And you must have:
- experience of the relevant laboratory of research work relevant to the post
How to Apply: Applicants should send:
- Letter of motivation,
- Curriculum vitae of at most 3 pages,
- Copy of transcripts and of their degree, and a copy of the master’s thesis or any other publications (if available),
- Two written recommendation letters (e.g. one by the former Master thesis supervisor and their referee’s contact details).
Visit the Official Website for More Details