Commonwealth Split-site (PhD) Scholarships 2019
Commonwealth Split-site Scholarships are for PhD candidates from low and middle income Commonwealth countries, to spend up to 12 months at a UK university as part of their doctoral studies in their home country.
Application Deadline: 16:00 (GMT) on 04 February 2019
These scholarships are offered under six themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
To apply for these scholarships, you must:
Be a citizen of or be of refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Also, register for a PhD at a university in an eligible Commonwealth country by the time of your scholarship confirmation (September 2019)
- Ensure that an institutional or department all ink exists between your home university and your proposed UK university. This link must be greater than simply a collaboration between individuals –see ‘Tenure and placement’ on page for further details. Both supervisors must provide a supporting statement which includes details of the link in order for your application to be eligible.
- Be available to start your academic studies inthe UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2019
- By October 2019, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours standard, or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree)·Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
These scholarships are for:
- Applicants who are citizens of or be granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- 12 months study at a UK university as part of an applicant’s doctoral studies in their home country, starting in October 2019
- Applicants who are registered (or will be registered by September 2019) for a PhD at a university in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Study at a UK university with which your home university has an established institutional or departmental link.
- Study at a UK university which has a part funding agreement with the CSC
Each scholarship provides:
· Approved airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award (the CSC will not reimburse the cost of fares for dependants, nor the cost of journeys made before your award confirmation)
· Approved tuition fees
· Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of £1,084 per month, or £1,330
per month for those at universities in the London metropolitan area (rates quoted at 2018-2019 levels)
· Warm clothing allowance, where applicable
· Study travel grant towards the cost of study-related travel within the UK or overseas
How to apply
You must make your application directly to the CSC using the CSC’s online application system. The CSC will not accept any applications that are not via the online application system. You are not to apply via a nominating body for these scholarships.
Only one application per applicant for these scholarships is acceptable.
Application deadline: Tender your application no later than 16:00 (GMT) on 04 February 2019 at the latest.
The online application system is now open.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Commonwealth Split-site (PhD) Scholarships 2019