Beijing Government Scholarships for Undergraduate, Masters & Doctoral International Students
The Beijing Government Scholarship (BGS) was established by Beijing Municipal Government, aiming to provide tuition fees fully or partially to the international students studying or applying for studying in Beijing.
- International and developing countries students
To be taken in (country):
Applicants may choose institutions and specialties from the Chinese institutions of higher education in the Beijing region.
Accepted Subject Areas:
- Courses offered at Chinese higher institutions in Beijing
- Applicants must be non-Chinese nationals in good health.
- Educational background and age limit
- Applicants for undergraduate studies in Beijing must have completed senior high school with good grades and be under the age of 30.
- Also, Applicants for Masters degree studies in Beijing must have Bachelor’s degree and be under the age of 35. Applicants for Doctoral degree studies in Beijing must have Master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
- Applicants for advanced studies must have an undergraduate degree or be in the second year of a university course and be under the age of 50.
- Scholarship Benefit
The Beijing Municipal Government Scholarship for International Students
only covers tuition fees. According to the applicants’ status, the allowance for scholarship students can be classified into 5 types:
- 40,000 RMB/year for a Doctoral degree
- 30,000 RMB/year for a Masters degree
- 20,000 RMB/year/ for a Bachelor degree
- 10,000 RMB/year for a Senior training or long term language program
- 5,000 RMB/year for Exchange students or students with outstanding contributions to international education in Beijing.
For more information and scholarship application details, see; application details, see; Beijing Government Scholarships for Undergraduate, Masters & Doctoral International Students