DW Akademie Data Journalism Fellowship for Journalists
The DW Akademie Dataship is a 12-month fellowship program that brings together 15 of the brightest early-career data journalists from non-OECD countries to foster the development of data-driven reporting.
- Technical skills: Applicants should be familiar with the tools of data journalism. In particular, they should:
- Know how to use advanced spreadsheet functionalities such as pivot tables, filters and vertical look ups.
- Know how to use online visualization software such as Datawrapper or Infogram.
- Experience: Applicants should have published at least one story using data journalism techniques in a news media.
- Fellows receive up to € 2,000 to support their personal data-driven project, and are invited to two training sessions (in May 2019 and January 2020) as well as two major conferences (the Global Investigative Journalism Conference in Hamburg and the International Journalism Festival in Perugia, Italy).
- Up to € 2,000 to support your project work.
- Two all-expenses-paid training sessions in May 2019 and January 2020.
How to Apply
- Application period closes: February 8.
- First meeting: May 6-10, 2019, in Belgrade.
- Documents for submittion
In the application form, you will be required, among other items, to submit:A statement of up to 1000 words outlining your proposed data project,
- A sample of your work (please see specific requirements above).
- Applications is online by filling out the form.
- If, for privacy or security reasons, you do not wish to use a Google Form, feel free to download the form, fill it out and send it to us at email@example.com in a GPG-encrypted e-mail (our public key is here), Signal or Whatsapp message (+491702875332).
- For more information and fellowship application details, see; application details, see; DW Akademie Dataship – Data Journalism Fellowship for Journalists