CERN Summer Students Programme for Young Students
This could be the opportunity for you: apply now for the CERN Summer Student Programme! Are you currently studying for a Bachelor or Master degree in Physics, Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics? Are you looking for a practical training period during the European summer (June – September)?
- In order to qualify for a place on the programme you will need to meet the following requirements:
- You are a Bachelor or Master student (not PhD) in Physics, Engineering, Computer Science or Mathematics and should have completed, by the European Summer 2019, at least three years of full-time studies at university level.
- You will remain registered as a student during your stay at CERN. If you expect to graduate during European summer 2019 (as of May), you are also eligible to apply.
- You have not worked at CERN before with any other status (Technical Student, Trainee, User or other status) for more than 3 months.
- You have a good knowledge of English; knowledge of French would be an advantage.
- Candidates of all nationalities are welcome to apply for this Summer Student Programme.
How to Apply
- You will need the following documents to complete your application (please make sure to name the documents accordingly e.g. CV, motivation letter, academic transcript, reference letter):
- A CV in either English or French.
- A copy of your most recent academic transcript giving an overview of your marks (if you download it from your university portal please make sure the document is not protected so that we can open it).
- At least one reference letter (dated less than 12 months), preferably 2, from your lecturers.
The final results of the selection procedure will be communicated to candidates by mid-April 2019.
- For more information and internship application details, see; application details, see; CERN Summer Students Programme for Young Students