UK University of Essex Africa Scholarships for Africans
The University of Essex Africa Scholarship Programme 2019/2020 – If you’re an international student from an African nation and are self-funding your postgraduate studies, you could be eligible for a scholarship of £4,000, paid as a discount on your tuition fee.
If you are from any of the following countries, please check the academic requirements below to see if you could be eligible.
- CGPA 3.0/4.0 or above
- CGPA 3/5 or above
Other member states of the African Union
2:1 or above (or equivalent as defined by our Postgraduate Admissions selection criteria)
- You will also be considered for this award if you are a national of an African nation and you have a degree:
- from a recognised UK university, other than Essex, with a 2:1 or above, or
from a recognised university with a 2:1 or above (or equivalent as defined by our Postgraduate Admissions selection criteria)
- You must meet all of the following conditions.
- be classified as an international student for fee purposes
- be a national of an African nation (defined as a member state of the African Union) and ordinarily resident in an African nation (see the full terms and conditions for definition of “ordinary residence”)
- And be entirely self-funding your studies
- be a graduate of any African country, or any of the countries specified above
for 2019-20 entry: be applying for a full-time
- Masters course starting in 2019-20 (excluding MBA)meet the academic criteria in the table above
How to apply
- We’ll assess your eligibility based on the information that you submit with your application for your place at Essex.
- If you meet all the eligibility criteria, you will automatically be awarded this scholarship.
- You don’t need to complete an application form.
- For more information and scholarship application details, see; application details, see; UK University of Essex Africa Scholarships for Africans