Full Masters and PhD Gates Cambridge Scholarships in UK for International Students
Gates Cambridge Scholarships are highly competitive full-cost scholarships. They are awarded to outstanding applicants from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any subject available at the University of Cambridge.
- Selection Criteria
- outstanding intellectual ability
- leadership potential
- a commitment to improving the lives of others
a good fit between the applicant’s qualifications and aspirations and the postgraduate programme at Cambridge for which they are applying
- a citizen of any country outside the United Kingdom.
- applying to pursue one of the following full-time residential courses of study: PhD (three year research-only degree); MSc or MLitt (two year research-only degree); or a one year postgraduate course (e.g. MPhil, LLM, MASt, Diploma, MBA etc.)
- already a student at Cambridge and want to apply for a new postgraduate course. For example, if you are studying for an MPhil you can apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship to do a PhD.
- However, if you have already started a course, you cannot apply for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship to fund the rest of it.
Value of Scholarship
- Scholarship will cover the full cost of study
- the University Composition Fee and College fees at the appropriate rate
- a maintenance allowance for a single student
one economy single airfare at both the beginning and end of the course
Duration of Scholarship:
- For the duration of the programme
Important Notes:Gates Cambridge Scholarships are extremely competitive: over 4,000 applicants apply for 90 Scholarships each year.
For more information and scholarship application details, see; application details, see; Full Masters and PhD Gates Cambridge Scholarships in UK for International Students