FIG Foundation PhD Scholarships in Denmark for Developing Countries
FIG Foundation PhD Scholarships Eligibility: Applicants shall:
- be studying for a PhD degree and registered solely in a surveying/geomatics academic programme that teaches surveying in a country listed by the World Bank as a low-income, lower-middle or upper-middle income economy,
- must have had a paper accepted by a peer reviewed international journal based on their doctoral research project; applicants should be the lead author, and the paper should be co-authored with their supervisor should not have submitted their final thesis at the application deadline.
Applications will be judged on the quality of the application and need. In the event that two excellent applications are judged to be of equal quality, applications from low-income and lower-middle income countries will be preferred.
Value of Scholarship:
- The FIG Foundation will be providing scholarships of up to 4,000 euros to PhD students.
- Successful applicants will qualify for a further grant of up to 3,000 euros to attend and present a peer reviewed paper at a FIG conference.
How to Apply:
- Applicants should submit the following set of documents in English in the order set out below as a single file in PDF format on A4 paper
- A 200 word abstract. Type this in terms understandable to the lay person
- A one page research proposal as per the template below on A4 size paper.
- The journal paper’s referees’ reports.
- A list of peer reviewed journal publications over the last 6 years using the International Journal of GIS reference list format.
Send Applications to email@example.com with “FIG Foundation PhD Scholarship Application” in Subject Line.or by post:
- The FIG Foundation
- Kalvebod Brygge 31-33
- DK-1780 Copenhagen V
- Tel. + 45 3886 1081
- Fax + 45 3886 0252
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Important Notes: Applicants are not to contact Foundation directors individually.
- Decisions are final. No correspondence will enter during or after the competition.
- For more information and scholarship application details, see; application details, see; FIG Foundation PhD Scholarships in Denmark for Developing Countries