MasterCard Foundation Scholarships for Women at Wellesley College
As part of the Scholars Program, Wellesley will provide nine (9) African women with comprehensive support that includes scholarships, mentoring, counseling, and internship opportunities.
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars selected for the Program are:
- Academically talented: They value learning, and are driven to complete their education.
- Economically disadvantaged: They face significant barriers to accessing education.
- Committed to giving back: They apply what they learn to improve their communities.
- Future leaders: They are committed to embracing ethical leadership to improve the lives of others.
Value of Scholarship:
- Comprehensive scholarships: Support for tuition, fees, books and supplies, room and meal plan, and more.
- 21st-century skills: Training in skill areas relevant to employment success.
- Transition assistance: Mentoring, career counseling, leadership development, and other life-skills coaching
- Internships and career opportunities: Access to job opportunities across the African continent
- Give-back support: Experiential learning and opportunities for volunteerism and community service
Duration of Scholarship:
- Four years
- How to Apply:
- All applicants to Wellesley, who apply for financial aid and meet the criteria for The MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program, will be considered for the Scholarship.
- You do not need to complete additional forms or take additional steps at this time.
- We will notify finalist candidates for the Scholarship by the Admission Office (after they submit their applications to Wellesley) and asked to conduct a Skype interview.
- Sponsors: MasterCard Foundation, Wellesley College
For more information and scholarship application details, see; application details, see; MasterCard Foundation Scholarships for Women at Wellesley College