UBC Masters Scholarships in Canada for African Students
The University of British Columbia (UBC) is pleased to partner with The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program to provide the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Masters’ Degree Program at UBC to students from Sub-Saharan Africa.
- The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program covers all expenses associated with University of British Columbia tuition, housing and food;
- Scholars also receive a stipend each month to support their lives in Vancouver.
Eligibility for UBC Masters Scholarships in Canada for International Students
- Applicant must have completed a Bachelor’s degree; Be a citizen of and have lived a significant part of their life in a Sub-Saharan African country;
- Present economically disadvantaged financial circumstances, and be able to show lack of financial means from family or other sources to pursue graduate education in their home country or elsewhere;
- Have achieved academic excellence under difficult circumstances, and show leadership qualities or potential;
- Demonstrate an interest in and commitment to giving back to his/her home community in ways that enhance the economic growth and social development of Africa, through engagement in activities in their current profession, university or community;
- Be a person who requires a Canadian study permit to study in Canada;
- Commit to returning to Africa immediately after graduation from UBC in order to apply their training and skills to the betterment of others.
- Be applying for a Master’s degree in one of the following Faculties and programs at UBC’s Vancouver campus;
Ensure you submit all applications by November 9th!
For more information and application details, see;UBC Masters Scholarships in Canada for African Students