UBC Undergraduate Scholarships in Canada for African Students
The University of British Columbia (UBC) is pleased to partner with The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program to provide comprehensive scholarships to undergraduate students from Sub-Saharan Africa.
The Program provides access to education for academically talented, yet economically marginalized young people.
Eligibility for UBC Undergraduate Scholarships in Canada for African Students
To be eligible for consideration as an undergraduate for The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at UBC, the nominee must:
- Be a citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country;
- Present economically disadvantaged financial circumstances correspondent to that of the lowest two quintiles of their country’s socio-economic scale, and be able to show they lack financial means from family or other sources to pursue post-secondary (university) education in their home country or elsewhere;
- Have achieved academic excellence (mostly ‘A’s) under difficult circumstances. And show leadership qualities or potential;
- Demonstrate an interest in and commitment to giving back to his/her home community in ways that enhance the economic growth and social development of Africa, through engagement in activities outside the classroom, in the school and/or community;
- Be graduating/recently graduated from a recognized senior secondary school;
Application for UBC Undergraduate Scholarships in Canada for African Students
A student must have nomination for the Undergraduate MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of British Columbia;
Nominations is acceptable from secondary schools and recognized international development agencies and their affiliates, or registered local or international charitable and not-for-profit organizations.
For more information and application details, see;UBC Undergraduate Scholarships in Canada for African Students