The MINDS Diamond Empowerment Fund Scholarship for Africans
The Mandela Institute for Development Studies (MINDS) has partnered with the Diamond Empowerment Fund (DEF) to establish the first in a series of Diamond Empowerment Fund Scholarships. The Fund was inspired by Nelson Mandela who encouraged DEF’s co-founders to tell the world the positive impact Africa’s diamonds were having in building healthy and educated communities on the continent.
The MINDS Diamond Empowerment Fund Scholarship is seeking for students from a diamond producing country who choose post-graduate study in a field that meets the needs for improving the quality of life for Africans. Preference is for students who want to gain critical skills in short supply on the continent, e.g. in STEM areas like biotechnology, robotics, aerospace, nanotechnology, neuroscience, artificial intelligence, ICT law, mining taxation, agriculture technology, etc.
MINDS Scholarships are award to meritorious applicants following a rigorous selection process. To be eligible for a MINDS Scholarship, you must:
- Be a national of an African country, residing in any African country
- Have formal acceptance by one or more MINDS preferred institution/s outside of your country of citizenship and/ or residency
- Also, Have formal acceptance by one or more MINDS preferred institution/s to pursue postgraduate studies within the following year
- Have obtained at least 70% in each subject/ course in the last two completed years of study
- Produce evidence of demonstrated leadership abilities or potential guided by the questions/ requirements set out in the application form
- Submit a complete online application form (see below) with the required supporting documentation.
For More Information: