West African Research Association (WARA) Residency Fellowships 2019 for West African Scholars
In the interest of enhancing transatlantic exchange and collaboration, the West African Research Association, with funding from the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the US State Department, offers Residencies for WARA member institutions to host a West African Scholar on their campus.
Application Deadline: 11:59pm FEBRUARY 1, 2019
WARA will pay the round-trip travel costs of the selected scholar as well as a stipend of $3500 to help cover meals and local transportation costs.
All applications must be submitted online and will include:
- Name and contact information for representative of WARA host institution
- A 50-80 word abstract of the proposed residency, clearly indicating the purpose of the Residency (clearly indicate the host institution contact person)
- A proposal of no more than six (6) double-spaced pages profiling the visiting scholar, his or her proposed residency activities, how the residency will contribute to the goals of WARA, the expected impact or outcome of the residency, and any support that the host institution is prepared to contribute
- Curriculum vitae for the visiting scholar
- A letter of interest from the scholar
- A letter of support from a relevant administrator (dean, department chair, etc.) at the host institution
- Proof of citizenship in the form of a copy of the scholar’s passport (please note: only scholars who are eligible for non-immigrant visas to the U.S. will be considered)
Upon completion of the residency, residents are required to submit, in collaboration with their host institution, a detailed report of their work and findings. This report will subsequently be published in the biannual WARA newsletter. Please direct inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org