Akili Dada Women Fellowships For 2019
Akili Dada Women Fellowships; The Akili Dada is an international award-winning leadership incubator nurturing a generation of young African women from underprivileged backgrounds whose commitment to the underserved will transform their communities.
Details of Akili Dada Fellowships for Women
Akili Dada awards year fellowships to young African women leaders between the ages of 23-30 who are driving transformative change in their communities and are looking to grow their projects to scale and sustainability.
Fellows will be selected on the basis of
- The strength of their social change project
- Previous leadership initiative
- Willingness to learn from peers and more experienced mentors
- The ability to share their skills with peers and intended project beneficiaries**All fellows need to have deep roots in the communities they seek to transform and be from economically disadvantaged backgrounds. Selection is NOT based on past academic performance or qualifications
Young women engaged in social entrepreneurship in East Africa (Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda and Burundi) are encouraged to apply.
Akili Dada fellows will benefit from
- Access to a series of seminars from experts in the social change field
- Site visits to successful social entrepreneurship and social impact organizations
- Access to a dynamic network of Akili Dada Mentors
- Have Access to the Akili Dada network of funding partners and social change agents
- Access to Akili Dada’s office facilities.
- On completion of the year long program, fellows will possess the skills and resources required to lead a strong, healthy, accountable and sustainable organization that are bringing about measurable social change in their communities.
- Be a young woman between the ages of 23-30
- Be from an economically disadvantage background.
- Have a Social Enterprise (a business with a social impact) or a Social Innovation (an initiative that has social impact).
- Demonstrate previous leadership initiative and experience.
- Have been working on your project for at least two years preferably on a full time basis
- Be able to commit one year to the fellowship program
- Be able to attend trainings every other month for one week in Nairobi, Kenya
- Must be able to communicate in English both written and verbal.
For more information, application details and application forms, see; Akili Dada Women Fellowships