Associated Board International Scholarships
Associated Board International Scholarships enable outstanding musicians to study on courses at one of the four Royal Schools of Music in the UK:
- Royal Academy of Music
- Royal College of Music
- Or Royal Northern College of Music
- Royal Scottish Academy of Music and DramaThere are normally four undergraduate awards each year, tenable at each of the Royal Schools for a four-year undergraduate performance course. And four postgraduate awards covering one or two-year postgraduate performance, composition or conducting courses at the Royal Schools.
The scholarships provide;
- Tuition fees for the designated course
- A grant of £3000 per year towards living expenses, normally paid by termly instalments.
A flight ticket home upon satisfactory completion of the course.
Scholarship Application Eligibility Criteria
- You must be a national of a country that is not a member of the European Union.
- You will not be eligible to apply if you have been living or studying in the UK for a period of more than one year immediately preceding 31 January in the year of entry to the course or if you have home fee status.
- For undergraduate study you should normally be at least 17 years of age by 31 January in the year of entry to the course.
- Postgraduates should normally be at least 21 years of age by 31 January in the year of entry.
- You will be expected to demonstrate outstanding musical promise and proficiency in your principal study or chosen field.
You must first apply for admission to a course at one or more of the Royal Schools of music, and must observe the admission procedures and application deadlines for the individual Schools.
The closing date for scholarship applications for courses beginning in September is 31 January every year.
You should then complete an International Scholarships Eligibility Form and post this directly to the Associated Board’s office: The Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music, 24 Portland Place, London W1B 1LU, United Kingdom.
For further details, and application materials, contact: Associated Board International Scholarships