US Government TechGirls Programme for International Students
The U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs is delighted to announce TechGirls Programme 2019. This award program is available to the student who has demonstrated advanced skills and a serious interest in technology, engineering, and/or math in their academic studies.
Applications Deadline: February 1, 2019.
Course Level: This award is open to pursuing higher education.
Scholarship Award: The TechGirls program covers the following costs:
- Roundtrip international airfare from participant home country to the United States
- Housing during the program: Double occupancy hotel or dormitory accommodations
- Meals during the program: Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Local transportation to group program events
- Cultural events organized by Legacy International
- Emergency health insurance
Eligibility for the Scholarship:
To be eligible, the applicants must be following all the given criteria:
- Eligible Countries: Scholarships are available to students who are from one of the following eligible countries:
- United States
- Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestinian Territories, and Tunisia;
- Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan
Entrance Requirements: Students eligible to apply are those who:
- Are between the ages of 15 and 17 at the start of the exchange;
- Have demonstrated advanced skills and a serious interest in technology, engineering, and/or math in their academic studies;
- Intend to pursue higher education and/or careers in technology;
- Have strong English language skills;
- Exhibit maturity, flexibility, and open-mindedness;
- Will attend at least one additional semester of secondary school upon their return to their home country; and
- Are committed to completing a community-based project upon their return home.
- Preference will be given to those who have limited or no prior experience in the United States. You are not eligible if you have traveled to the United States in the last three years as part of any other ECA exchange program.
How to Apply: To apply for the scholarship, the applicants must submit an online application through the given link: https://legacyintl.org/techgirls/online-application/