Fully Funded Travel to Netherlands For the 2019 United Nations International Law Fellowship Programme
The United Nations International Law Fellowship Programme is conducted under the United Nations Programme of Assistance in the Teaching, Study, Dissemination and Wider Appreciation of International Law, established by General Assembly resolution 2099 (XX) of 20 December 1965 and most recently mandated by General Assembly resolution 73/201 of 20 December 2018.
The Fellowship Programme consists of an annual six-week summer course at the Peace Palace in The Hague, the Netherlands. The participants attend lectures and seminars in international law organized by the Codification Division as well as the public international law session at The Hague Academy of International Law.
The 2019 Fellowship Programme will be held at the Peace Palace in The Hague, the Netherlands, from 1 July to 9 August 2019. It will be conducted in English.
The topics that we will cover in the seminars and lectures organized by the Codification Division may include:
- International law
- Treaty law
- State responsibility
- International peace and security
- Peaceful settlement of international disputes
- Diplomatic and consular law
- International organizations
- United Nations institutions and law making
- The work of the International Law Commission
- International human rights law
- International humanitarian law
- The International criminal law
- International environmental law
- Law of the sea
- International trade law
- International investment law
- Legal research
- Legislative drafting
The fellowships cover the fellowship recipient’s travel costs in economy class, accommodation, medical insurance, participation in the Fellowship Programme, the training material and the registration fee for The Hague Academy of International Law.
To qualify for the Fellowship Programme, candidates must have a legal background with professional experience in the field of international law. The selected participants are to submit a medical certificate of good health and to certify that they are able to attend the entirety of the course on a full time basis.
Complete the application form in English, typewritten. Answers should be clear and as detailed as possible. If you need extra space, you may attach additional pages.
The application should be sent by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Two versions of the application form must be inclusive:
(1) One scanned copy f the signed orginal (for example in PDF or JPG)
(2) One electronic MS Word version (or equivalent) of the application
For More Information: