Study in Kenya: 2019-2020 Kenyatta University OVS Scholarship
Kenyatta University lays emphasis in the societal development of an individual and as such has established the Orphans and Vulnerable Students (OVS) Scholarship fund to cater for the less privileged but deserving persons to pursue higher education at Kenyatta University
The goal of the OVS Scholarship Fund is to increase access to university education at Kenyatta University for orphans and vulnerable students through a scholarship endowment fund.
The specific objectives of the University OVS Scholarship Fund are:
- To enhance access of OVS to higher education
- And To invest in the OVS who have high potential.
- To support OVS to accomplish their life ambitions by attaining higher education.
Kenyatta University is offering EIGHTY (80) scholarships to the orphans and vulnerable students OVS from Kenya seeking to pursue undergraduate degree at KU.
- Be enrolled into a full time degree programme at Kenya University or its constituent campuses.
- Be twenty-five (25) years or below
- Meet the required cluster points for the programme applied for.
- Be in genuine need for financial assistance.
- Sustain high academic achievement.
- Be a Kenyan citizen or permanent resident of Kenya.
- Update the Financial Aid Office with academic performance at the end of the year.
- Maintain high level of discipline while under the scholarship.
- Complete an application form for Kenyatta University Student Aid by the set deadline.
Scholarship Application Procedure
- All interested applicants must submit the following to the Kenya university, Financial Aid office:
- Filled application forms,
- Copy of KU admission letter (those without KU admission letters can apply for admission to KU and their considered application will be fast tracked),
- Certified copies of relevant certificates/transcripts and reference letter by school principal.