West African Research Center (WARC) Travel Grant Fellowship Program 2019
The WARC Travel Grant supports West African post graduate scholars and researchers carrying out research on the African continent. Studies in all disciplines are welcome. This grant covers travel taking place between July 1st, 2019 and December 31st, 2019.
Application Deadline: March 15th 2019
This competition is open only to West African nationals, with preference given to those affiliated with West African colleges, universities, or research institutions. Travel grant funds use may be to: 1) attend and present papers at academic conferences relevant to the applicant’s field of research; 2) visit libraries or archives that contain resources necessary to the applicant’s current academic work; 3) engage in collaborative work with colleagues at another institution; 4) travel to a research site.
You will Need:
- A brief (50-80 word) abstract of the activity to be funded, beginning with a clear statement of purpose
- A description (6 double-spaced pages maximum) of the applicant’s research and how the proposed travel is relevant to this work. This should be present in language understandable to non-specialist readers
- A proposed budget
- A curriculum vitae with research and teaching record when relevant
- If attending a conference, an abstract of the paper to be read and a letter of acceptance to the conference
- Also, If visiting another institution, an invitation from host institution
- If travel is to consult archives or other materials, a description of the collections and their significance to the applicant’s research
- For graduate students, a letter of recommendation by the professor overseeing their research
- Proof of citizenship in the form of a photocopy of the applicant’s passport (please note: this competition is open only to West African nationals).
Please address inquiries to
West African Research Center/Centre de Recherche Ouest Africaine
For More Information: