Fully Funded Study in Korea: Samsung Electronics Undergraduate Scholarships 2019-2020
Samsung Electronics Undergraduate Scholarships – Korea: This program is funded by Samsung Electronics Co. (SEC) in an effort to cultivate global leaders for research and development in the field of Computer, Electronics, and Communication Engineering.
Selected international students are sponsored for a 2-year master’s program at SNU’s school of EECE with the following scholarship package:
- Tuition (including entrance and enrollment fees)
- On-campus housing
- Medical insurance
- Living expenses (￦800,000 or US$750 per month)
- Two round-trip airplane tickets to his or her home country (tickets are available once a year)
- Internship at SEC during summer/winter vacations.Conditions of the Program
- Upon completion of studies at EECE, the scholarship recipient is to work at SEC (in Korea) for 2 years in an appointment related to his or her major.
- After 2 years of employment at SEC, he or she may continue to work at SEC Korea or return to his or her home country to work for a local subsidiary of SEC, upon mutual agreement between him or her and SEC.Scholarship Eligibility
- The applicant’s academic achievement should be superior; he or she must place in the top 30% of his/her class at a prestigious university in his or her home country.
- The applicant should be able to work at SEC in Korea for 2 years after completion of his/her studies at SNU.
The applicant’s major must be in the field of Electrical, Electronics, Communication, or Computer Engineering; Science; Physics; or Mathematics.
Scholarship: Required Documents
- An English resume
- Academic records of previous studies
- Two letters of recommendation (in English
- A letter of self-introduction (in English)
Scholarship application deadline: February
For more information and scholarship application materials, see: Samsung Electronics Undergraduate Scholarships