Fully Funded Study in UK: Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2019 for Developing Countries
Commonwealth Shared Scholarships are for candidates from least developed and lower middle income Commonwealth countries, for full-time Master’s study on selected courses, jointly supported by UK universities.
Application Deadline: 16.00 (GMT) on 14 March 2019 at the latest.
These scholarships are offered under six themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion and opportunity
To apply for these scholarships, you must:
• Be a citizen of or have refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protect Person
• Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
• And Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2019
• By October 2019, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard, or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree). The CSC would not normally fund a second UK Master’s degree. If you are applying for a second UK Master’s degree, you will need to provide justification as to why you wish to undertake this study.
• Not have studied or worked for one (academic) year or more in a high income country
• Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this scholarship
Shared Scholarships are jointly funded by the CSC and participating UK universities. Each scholarship provides:
- Approved airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award (the CSC will not reimburse the cost of fares for dependants, nor usually the cost of journeys made before your award’s final confirmation) – arranged by the university; funded by the CSC
- Approved tuition and examination fees– funded by the CSC
- Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of £1,065 per month, or £1,306 per month for those studying at universities in the London metropolitan area (rates quoted at 2018-2019 levels) – paid and funded by the university
- Warm clothing allowance, where applicable – paid and funded by the university
How to apply
You can apply to study one of the taught Master’s courses offered in the Commonwealth Shared Scholarship scheme. These scholarships do not cover undergraduate courses, PhD study, or any pre-sessional English language teaching, and are usually tenable for one year only. View a full list of eligible courses.
You can apply for more than one course and/or to more than one university, but you may only accept one offer of a Shared Scholarship.
The CSC’s online application form is now open.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Commonwealth Shared Scholarships 2019