Fully Funded Travel and Study in USA: Professional Fellows Program Fall 2019
The Professional Fellows Program (PFP) for Economic Empowerment, Middle East and North Africa is a two-way exchange program sponsored by the U.S. Department of State and designed to promote mutual understanding, enhance leadership and professional skills, and build lasting, sustainable partnerships between mid-level emerging leaders committed to strengthening their communities through social entrepreneurship and workforce development.
15 February 2019 (Libya & Lebanon); 22 February 2019 (Egypt & Algeria)
- Pre and post program virtual exchange and online training activities
- 6-week US-based program including a business development and social entrepreneurship intensive with University Partner, four week Fellowship placement in businesses and/or offices in Washington, D.C. and One-week host family stay.
- US professionals to visit the Fellows they hosted in the US, learn about their countries and cultures, and support their follow-on work
- follow-on projects to be carried out by PFP Fellows after returning home, supported by mini-grants.
Open to fellows from Algeria, Egypt, Libya & Lebanon.
Eligible candidates must be:
- 25-40 years old
- A current citizen and resident of: Morocco, Tunisia, Algeria, Egypt, Libya, or Lebanon
- Speak fluent to English (enough to work full-time in a US fellowship)
- Have at least two years‘ work experience in their field
- Currently employed
- Interest in hosting reciprocal program for Americans in your country
- Able to convene 25 or more colleagues for post-trip briefings
- Have demonstrated strong leadership skills and commitment to community
- Demonstrates initiative, teamwork, and openness
- There will be Preference for those who have not previously traveled on a U.S. government funded program.
For More Information:
Visit the Official Webpage of the Professional Fellows Program Fall 2019